To contact me for any clarifications regarding any posts / information, please mail me at arijit [dot] basu [at] gmail [dot] com
Saturday, December 27, 2008
When we try to install AX 2009 SP1 Reporting Services on a PC running SQL 2008,we get an error saying that MSSQL 2005 SP2 is required. Well there is a solution to this issue which is as follows:
1. Locate the AX Reporting services dll from the extracted AX 2009 SP1 folder
[\\AX2009SP1\support\axsetupresources\microsoft.dynamics.setup.reportingservices.dll;File Version - 5.0.1000.52]
2. Extract the AX 2009 .iso to a shared folder
3. Copy the microsoft.dynamics.setup.reportingservices.dll into the folder:
\\DynamicsAX\Msi\Components32\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\50\Setup
\\DynamicsAX\Msi\Components64\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\50\Setup
4. It will ask to replace the existing dll having File Version - 5.0.593.0. Say Yes and replace.
5. Then Install AX Reporting Services extensions. It works fine and the Reporting Extensions are installed nice.