WINDOWS Live Search

To contact me for any clarifications regarding any posts / information, please mail me at arijit [dot] basu [at] gmail [dot] com


Saturday, June 14, 2008

Using AX .NET BC to create Purchase Orders

A small but nice project to create multiline Purchase Orders in AX from a .NET Windows application. In this small POC, there is a Windows Application (C#) which uses the .NET BC to create PO into AX. Its a simple demo but can be extended to other areas like journals, Sales Orders , Inventory Transactions (any multiline header - detail type). For this a small class is written inside AX which exposes the logic. I have used the AXPurchTable() & AXPurchLine() classes to enter PO in AX. There is a similar post in MSDN (Using Axapta Business Connector to Create Microsoft Business Solutions–Axapta Sales Orders) but that uses the COM Connector & consists only of a single line. This sample can support multiline PO :). I have not worked too much on the validations & other advanced areas. The C# code also may not be the best :) but its simple.

The video on how to use it is attached below [Assumes that the current logged in user has User rights to AX]


I have also uploaded all source files in the link below. To run the exe, you must import the xpo inside AX. I have used AX 4.02 to make this demo.


Let me know if anyone has a better way of doing this.
Happy DAXING :)

1 comment:

Vamsi Praneeth said...

Hello Arijit,

I have gone through your article "Using AX .NET BC to create POs". I hope this can be extended for a web-application too. My question is, does using of this .NET application also need a license? Because the reason for any partner to go with this would obviously be to bring down the license cost of rich client. So, does the accessing of AX via a .NET application connected through .NET business connector need licenses further?